The purpose of testing the alarm system is to ensure proper local operation and proper communications to the central station.
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE SHOULD BE DONE AT LEAST ONCE PER MONTH.
1. Call the security monitoring station at 1-877-817-2618 to place your account on test. You will need your account number and your personal pass code.
2. Start by testing your keypad panic buttons. Press the (2) buttons to activate the alarm. Be sure to re-set the system after the activation.
3. Arm your system in the “STAY” mode, this will allow you to test your perimeter device – doors, window, etc. Remember your entry door has a time delay, it will not activate the alarm until both the entry and exit delay has expired. As you open each door or window it is not necessary to re-set the system each time.
4. Arm your system in the “AWAY” mode. This will allow you to test the interior devices.
5. If you have any external panic devices such as a wireless key they can be tested at this time.
6. After all testing is complete; ensure you re-set your alarm system by putting in your code and pressing “OFF” or using your “OFF” button on your wireless key.
7. Call the security monitoring station; ask if they have received all of your test alarms. If there is any question, re-test the affected part of the system again.