Muenster Telephone Corporation of Texas was formed in 1909.
In 1957, Alvin M. Fuhrman purchased Muenster Telephone Company.
Valley View Telephone Company merged with Muenster Telephone in 1989.
In 2000 in an effort to keep up with the times and reflect all the areas served, the Company changed its name to Nortex Communications.
In 2005, Nortex initiated a long-term plan to become an employee-owned company.
Introduced telephone service as Muenster Mutual in 1909.
Restored telephone service to Rosston & Prairie Point in 1957.
Offered one-party service and direct distance dialing in 1970.
Offered tone dialing since 1979.
Installed digital switches in 1984 (Muenster), June 1985 (Valley View).
Added telephone calling features in 1984 and Caller ID and Advanced Calling Features since 1995 – Custom Calling Features since 1997 – Voice Mail since 1999.
Equal access available since 1992.
Installed fiber optic system in 1994 between all local exchanges.
Linked fiber network to statewide network to offer long haul transmission services to carriers and others in 1997.
Offered own long distance services since 1999.
The Company provides telephone service to approximately 4,200 access lines in 6 exchanges, covering approximately a 500 square mile area including 5 towns and 3 counties.
Local network redundancy via fiber optic ring architecture completed in 2002.
Partner of Choice Wireless offering PCS service in Lawton and Ardmore, OK and Wichita Falls and Sherman/Denison, TX.
Introduced North Texas Communications Cellular store in 1990 as an agent for Southwestern Bell Mobile Systems, which later became Cingular Wireless.
Added Saint Jo in 2006.
North Texas Communications introduced cable television service to Muenster in 1967.
Added other communities including Valley View in 1984, and Collinsville, Lake Kiowa and Lindsay in 1996.
Digital Cable TV offered to all cable TV customers in 2002.
High Definition TV was made available for all cable TV customers in 2005.
High speed Internet through fixed wireless technology became available in 2005 serving many unserved areas outside of our serving area.
Began dial up Internet service in 1996 to Cooke County and beyond.
Introduced DSL service in 1999.
Expanded DSL service to 90% of the telephone service area by 2004.
Introduced High Speed Internet through cable modems offered in non-telco areas (Collinsville, Lake Kiowa and Lindsay) in 2004.