Slamming Information

Protect yourself from Slamming by freezing your long distance choice.

What is Slamming?
Slamming occurs when your long distance carrier is changed without your consent.

What do I do if I was “slammed”?
If you are slammed, Texas law requires the telephone company that slammed you to do the following:
• Pay all charges associated with returning you to your original telephone company within 5 business days of your request.
• Provide all billing records to your original telephone company within 10 business days of your request.
• Pay your original telephone company the amount you would have paid if you had not been slammed.
• Refund to you within 30 business days any amount you paid for charges during the first 30 days after the slam and any amount more than what you would have paid your original telephone company for charges after the first 30 days following the slam.
If you have been “slammed”, you can change your service immediately back to your original provider by calling your local telephone company.

How can I protect myself from Slamming today?
The best way to protect yourself from being slammed is to “freeze” your long distance carrier. Because we want to protect our customers from the inconvenience and expense that often comes with being slammed, we offer a freeze on your choice of carriers as a free service to our customers.

How do I sign up for a Freeze on my account?
There are many ways to sign up for a Freeze. You can fill out this online Service Freeze form (below) ,call our office at 759-2251 or send us an e-mail and we will send you the forms to fill out.

You should also report the slam by writing or calling the Public Utility Commission of Texas, PO Box 13326, Austin, Texas 78711-3326 or call 512-936-7120 or in Texas toll free call 1-888-782-8477 or fax at 512-936-7003 or e-mail them Hearing and speech-impaired individuals with text telephones (TTY) may contact the commission at 800-735-2988

Request to Freeze Account

Back to Top
Hidden Crowdfiber form